“AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda” is a documentary film that tells the story of Paramahansa Yogananda, a spiritual master, and teacher of yoga who brought the teachings of meditation and kriya yoga to the West in the 1920s. The film explores Yogananda’s life, from his childhood in India to his arrival in America, to his establishment of the Self-Realization Fellowship, and the impact he had on the world.
The film includes interviews with those who knew him personally, as well as experts in the field of spirituality and yoga, and it features never-before-seen footage and photographs of Yogananda. Through the film, viewers are able to gain a deeper understanding of Yogananda’s teachings and the profound effect they have had on individuals and society at large. Additionally, the film provides a window into the life of Yogananda and his spiritual journey, as well as his mission of spreading the teachings of Yoga, meditation, and self-realization to the world.
WATCH AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda HERE
- “The true purpose of yoga is to change yourself, not to change the world.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The mind, like a parachute, works best when open.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The joy of the soul is like the joy of the sun; it is self-existent.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The happiness of one’s own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one’s own happiness, the happiness of others.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The true source of rights is duty. If we all discharge our duties, rights will not be far to seek.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The purpose of all religions is to help people to find God and to live in harmony with His will.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Meditation is a journey within. It is not a journey to a destination, but a journey of self-discovery.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “All power is within you; you can do anything and everything.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The more you are prompted by Love, the less you need to be prompted by fear.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “One begins to see the limitations of one’s own mind, and to realize that the only real limitation is the one that one sets up in one’s own imagination.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The goal of yoga is to still the mind. When the mind is still, the soul shines through.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The only way to make progress on the spiritual path is to keep the mind always fixed on God.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be afraid you will make one continually.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “You are not the body, you are not the mind, you are not the ego, you are the soul.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The only way to bring peace to the world is to bring peace to our own hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “The ultimate goal of yoga is to attain the realization that we are not separate from God, but one with Him.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Making AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda
Making “AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda” was a journey of discovery and inspiration for the filmmakers. The documentary, which tells the story of the spiritual master and teacher Paramahansa Yogananda, was years in the making and required a deep dive into the life and teachings of this remarkable man.
The film’s director and producer, Paola di Florio, was first introduced to Yogananda’s teachings through her mother, who was his student. This personal connection to Yogananda’s work and teachings was the driving force behind the film’s creation. “I wanted to share with others the profound impact that Yogananda’s teachings had on my life and the lives of so many others,” said Di Florio.
The process of making the film began with extensive research. The filmmakers spent years delving into Yogananda’s writings and teachings and interviewing those who knew him personally. They also traveled to India to visit the places where Yogananda grew up and began his spiritual journey. This research provided the foundation for the film’s narrative and helped the filmmakers to understand the context in which Yogananda lived and worked.
One of the most exciting aspects of the film’s production was the discovery of never-before-seen footage and photographs of Yogananda. The filmmakers were able to access private archives and were able to bring to light new insights about Yogananda’s life and teachings. This unique footage provided a window into Yogananda’s personal journey and helped to bring the film’s story to life.
The film’s message is one of hope and inspiration. Yogananda’s teachings on the power of meditation and self-realization have the ability to transform lives, and the filmmakers wanted to share this message with as wide an audience as possible. The film has been shown at festivals and screenings worldwide and has received rave reviews for its ability to touch viewers’ hearts and inspire them to explore their spiritual paths.
The making of “AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda” was a labor of love for the filmmakers, and the final product is a testament to their dedication and passion. The film provides an in-depth look at the life and teachings of this remarkable man and has the power to inspire and transform the lives of those who watch it.
The Legacy of Autobiography of a Yogi
The “Autobiography of a Yogi” is a spiritual classic written by Paramahansa Yogananda and first published in 1946. The book has had a profound impact on the spiritual landscape of the world and continues to be a source of inspiration and guidance for people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
The book is a memoir of Yogananda’s life and spiritual journey and provides a detailed account of his experiences and teachings. It covers his childhood and early spiritual experiences in India, his travels and teachings in the United States, and his establishment of the Self-Realization Fellowship. Throughout the book, Yogananda shares his insights on the nature of God, the power of meditation and yoga, and the path to self-realization.
One of the most significant impacts of the “Autobiography of a Yogi” has been its ability to introduce the teachings of yoga and meditation to a Western audience. Before the book’s publication, these teachings were relatively unknown in the West, and Yogananda’s book helped popularize them and make them more accessible to people of all backgrounds.
The book has also had a profound impact on the spiritual development of many individuals. It has been a guide for people on their spiritual journeys and has inspired many to practice yoga and meditation. The book’s message of hope and inspiration has resonated with people from all walks of life and helped many find meaning and purpose in their lives.
In addition, the book has played a key role in developing the spiritual movement known as the New Age movement. Many of this movement’s key concepts and teachings, such as the law of karma and the power of meditation, are rooted in the principles outlined in the “Autobiography of a Yogi.”
The book has been translated into over 20 languages and has sold millions of copies worldwide. It has also been widely recognized as a spiritual classic and has been included on many lists of the best spiritual books of all time.
The “Autobiography of a Yogi” continues to be a source of inspiration and guidance for people worldwide, and its impact on the spiritual landscape of the world will be felt for generations to come. The teachings of Yogananda, as outlined in his book, have helped many to find a sense of peace, clarity, and purpose in their lives and to connect with their higher selves.